Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Stance and Thoughts on Gun Control based on Common Sense


With all this talk of Gun Control and the recent laws/bill passed in another state that i frequent and some of my family live in. I have to state my opinion and thoughts on this topic. Normally I just post pictures and a random thought here or there about it because my friends and family know where I stand. But with all of this new material so quickly popping up and happening so fast, I have to state my thoughts completely. Make it clear where I stand and so maybe others will get the picture. This may not be very organized but here you go anyway.

I start out amused, then get frustrated, then angry, and finally absolutely resolute when I see these anti-gunners spout statistics here, there and everywhere about the dangers of guns, crime rates and the effectiveness of gun control. All of that is always soon followed by a pro- gun statistics which never convince the anti-gunners, no matter how obvious the numbers. Nobody ever seems to believe the other guys’ statistics and there is a sound reason for that—statistics are a liar’s best friend and liars know that better than anyone. I studied statistics in college and found that I could easily develop a long list of impressive numbers to support any argument on either side of an issue, creating virtually any impression I fancied.  Politicians and the media do it all the time. Although statistics can be good facts if you are honest but you really don't need numbers to prove this point. The founding fathers didn't need numbers when they wrote the Constitution, they had common sense... that's what we all need when looking at this issue, and other issues.

Common sense tells us that Criminals do not obey the laws. They get illegal banned drugs and use them/sale them. They drive drunk. They make bombs. They rob. They rape.  They kill with or without a gun. They commit arson... etc etc etc. So why in the hell would they obey a gun law? They wouldn't. Does anyone think that a gang planning a bank robbery will trash those plans because they would first be required to register their guns before the job went down? No. And who really thinks that requiring a solid citizen to register his gun will prevent crime?  He isn't planning "The Big Heist"—never has, never will. So what is the point in this so called Gun Control?

Criminals prefer their victims unarmed. Think about that for a minute. If you were a criminal who would you rather confront, an armed citizen or an unarmed one? Would you rather focus your life of crime in an area prevalent in guns or an unarmed community. Would you rather prey on the defenseless or the armed? I think we all know the answer to those questions.

Crime is deviant behavior.  A gun is an inanimate tool not deviant behavior and crime is deviant behavior not an inanimate tool.  You can’t prevent deviant behavior by regulating tools because tools are incapable of behavior and the number of tools available to the world’s deviants is endless. Even if you could legislate guns out of existence, deviants could, would and have used other things that gave them a power advantage over their victims—knives, clubs, rocks, plastic bags, rope, house hold chemicals or even sharp sticks—all of which are very legal and very accessible. Also if all guns were removed from the USA, its just as easy to cross the boarder into Mexico and buy one for like 25 bucks from the bad guys there and bring it back through security just like all the drugs that get illegally imported to the USA. It's really not that difficult.

Another short point here... Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Qaddafi, Jong-il. All big supporters of strict gun control. Think about it. If you don't know those people or the history, look it up, it all started with taking guns away from law abiding citizens. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. Between 1915 and 1917 approximately 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953 about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up by the government and exterminated. In 1935 Nazi Germany established gun control... we all know the story there....And lets take a look at our neighbors now, such as Mexico. Guns are banned there but the drug cartel there is more heavily armed than the govt even.  The good people cant defend themselves. Several countries around the world are exactly the same after banning guns. Or their govt has complete control of their lives and they are nothing but scared little puppets.

Gun free zones should just say, helpless victim zones. That's all that says to criminals. Mass shooters target areas they know aren't armed. Never has a Mass shooter walked into a room full of armed people such as a police station, a gun range, gun show, gun convention, military base where weapons were allowed to be carried by soldiers other than mp's.

There are armed guards at banks in the US. Why not at ALL schools? Children are more precious than money.

The Aurora shooter, who killed 12 people earlier this year, had a choice of 7 movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-min drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn't the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approx 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons.

I do think that America like other nations have failed in a big way with state institutions for mentally ill and is reason why so many problems. Roughly 50% of gun violence is classified as committed by mentally ill. (More so with other forms of violence as well) Secure institutions for mentally ill, a large percentage have been closed down since the 80's and there just is no place anymore for mentally ill. As well as AWOL parents who are not teaching their children right and wrong and giving perspective and reality. This is a big problem.

Besides Britain, Norway has some of the toughest gun controls in the World. That didn't stop Anders Breivik! The 2011 Attacks on Utøya Island were one of the worst mass shooting hate crimes in history! How quickly we forget! 77 dead 242 injured.

The media rarely mentions shooting incidents where the killer was stopped by an armed citizen, security guard or off duty policeman which prevented many deaths.

Banning guns only makes it so the good guys don't have guns. We need more gun education and classes (free) and people that have guns should go to the range at least once a year and qualify with their weapons. Every home should at least have a rifle or shotgun and more good people should have permits to carry.. Felons and criminals should lose their right to own (as they do now) and yes there needs to be some laws, but you will find that those laws are already in place.

A lot of people are against Gun control because their loved one was killed with a gun. That is no reason to be against gun's. Banning them will not help anything as I have already said and pointed out. I have had countless family, friends, co-workers killed by people with guns. I had a friend killed at the Aurora shooting this past year. I have had at least 3 coworkers shot in the past few months. I have had 2 very close friends killed at work by guns. I have lost 5 friends due to senseless wrong place wrong time shootings. My 4 yr old daughter was more or less killed by complications of gun inflicted wounds. I have been shot 3 times in my life. I work around guns daily and see the daily damage of guns. I know the power of a gun and what it can do. I know what it can do in the hands of bad people. I also know what it can do in the hands of good people. I also have had family (2) and friends (7) killed by drunk drivers. I myself have been hit by 3 drunk drivers. I've had family(3) and friends (10) killed by sober drivers that cant follow the laws of the road. I have been hit by 4 people that cant drive properly all proven in court or by police to be in the wrong, not myself. I have had friends (3) killed by criminals with knives. I have had life time friends killed by criminals with a plastic bag (2) and/or the criminals own hands (4). I have seen many home made bombs made out of shit that is found under almost every kitchen sink/cleaning supply cabinet in America. I have seen the damage of that even out side of my circle of friends and family. All of these things, in the hands of a good person, they are seen as tools. In the hands of a bad person they are weapons.  I could go on with that list but there is no point. Guns or not criminals/law breakers will kill and commit crime. Equal amounts of damage done. Equal rates overall. Guns make it quicker and is more reported than other crimes but the fact is it happens both ways. Guns and without guns. Bottom line is, taking away guns doesn't prevent crime, will not lower crime. Its been proven in history and other countries. One thing history has taught me, is that history repeats itself until people wake up and prevent it from repeating. Anti-gunners are just allowing history to repeat instead of stopping it.

The strongest point of all consists of a mere 27 words and is absolute in its nature.  It trumps all statistics ever concocted by man and all arguments ever made—and not one of the 27 words is a number… “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” <---absolute, unambiguous and supersedes all arguments and all statistics.

One last note:  If you ever find any staunchly committed anti-gunner actually and honestly willing to listen to common sense or interpret the II Amendment simply as written by our founders, please let me know. I’m still looking for one.

PS. I'm very amused by how many left-wingers and anti-gunners have deleted my blog or my facebook due to my stance on Gun Control. Its funny how you are so much better and can post your stance and I don't delete you but, I post my stance and you bail on our friendship. Thanks, makes my life easier and weeds out the fake friends from my real friends.

Creative Commons License
Brutal Telling from the Wings of a Reawakened Dark Angel by Jay Fallen (JAF) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Co-written by Jessica Quartermaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment