Monday, October 1, 2012

Tears Of A Cop

No secret there what my profession is. That said I wish people would start appreciating us police officers more instead of bashing every little move we make then whining when they need their asses saved. Try following the law and learning the laws then you wouldn't have so much to bitch about when you get pulled over or warned or reprimanded by a police officer. Most of us get paid alot less then you yet we still put our lives on the line for you and your families and for what? To get bitched at? It gets old... Get some respect because theres a good chance you will need us one day and we may not treat you as great with a "fuck the police" shirt on. 

I have been where you fear to go...
I have seen what you fear to see...
I have done what you fear to do...
All these things I've done for you.

I am the one you lean upon...

The one you cast your scorn upon...
The one you bring your troubles to...
All these people I've been for you.

The one you ask to stand apart...

The one you feel should have no heart...
The one you call the man in blue...
But I am human just like you.

And through the years I've come to see...

That I'm not what you ask of me...
So take this badge and take this gun...
Will you take it? Will anyone?

And when you watch a person die...

And hear a battered baby cry...
Then so you think that you can be
All those things you ask of me...? 

"Tears Of A Cop" - author unknown




Creative Commons License
Brutal Telling from the Wings of a Reawakened Dark Angel by Jay Fallen (JAF) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. All rights to the song/video goes to the artist, songwriter, producer and so on. All rights to the poem writer as well, whoever he or she may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment