Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving- Days 25, 26, 27 & 28

Continuing my 30 day Thankful list... I will update daily-ish. Also as usual I am not using real peoples names. If you want to know who someone in my blog is, refer to the list of people on my "about this blog" tab at the top of this page. The list is at the bottom. If you know me you will understand the list, otherwise you probably will not. You are welcome to ask but I reserve the right not to answer. Anyways lets get on with this since I'm way behind. Y'all can play along too.... each day of November you just post what you are thankful for... simple as that.

Day 25: I am thankful for doctors and nurses. I have had some make mistakes with my health care and despite the pain and suffering that came with those mistakes for a few years, I found some positive things to take from those mistakes. I have had some really amazing doctors as well. Ones who are currently helping me feel better and correct past mistakes as well as manage my pain levels for conditions I have. If not for them I would still be in a lot more pain than I am now. Also there are doctors that have saved my life, from a couple of incidents. Military incidents, work incidents, abuse incidents. Doctors that have saved my friends and families lives as well from similar incidents. Some doctors are crooked and don't deserve a licence honestly and that is why I always research what I am told and before I agree to medicines I don't know of. But for the majority there are good ones... and thankfully when I had to lay in the ICU sedated for 2 weeks at one time, I had the good doctors and nurses that kept me alive to continue my fight in life.

Day 26: I am thankful for my family and friends, who stick with me through thick and through thin; who have endured my moods and my frustrations as I struggle with the negativity I am dosed with daily through my job and other circumstances. They give me the strength to go on. Nothing will so focus you on what needs to be done as looking at your small children and thinking about what future awaits them and wanting to be around to see it.

Day 27: I am even thankful for the clueless Extremists – our very own American Taliban in some senses – who, when staring facts in the face, retreat into fantasies instead; persisting in the belief that this is their country and their country alone, and that they have the right to tell all Americans how to live. If we didn't have extremists like you, we wouldn't truly be able to appreciate the freedom the Constitution grants us, or fear the slavery that awaits us, should we ever slack off on our watch.

Day 28: Thankful for the people in my life that I can trust. People that tel me the truth whether it hurts me or not. The type of people who know all of your vulnerabilities and pet peeves and do their best to NOT use them against you. The type of people who won’t go blab to others when something embarrassing happens to you. The type of people you can trust in your home all day alone while you are not there, and nothing goes missing in your house not even food. You can know people for years then find out they have been doing things behind your back that you never thought they would do. It all makes me question very carefully who I let into my life and how deeply I allow them in. I know there are a few people I can trust 100%... There are some I know I can trust 80%, 70% and even less... I keep these people at their respected distances so to speak. The 100%'s they know a lot about me, haven known for a very long time for the most part, and some even have keys to my home because I know they would never harm me, my home or anything in it. The few that have keys wouldn't even use them unless necessary  without permission. They know I would rather be hurt by the truth than to be hurt by lies. So I am thankful for those kind of people in my life. As well as the ones I cant fully trust, because it shows me a lot and reminds me of a lot in my life.

Creative Commons License
Brutal Telling from the Wings of a Reawakened Dark Angel by Jay Fallen (JAF) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment