Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving- Days 29 & 30

Continuing my 30 day Thankful list... I will update daily-ish. Also as usual I am not using real peoples names. If you want to know who someone in my blog is, refer to the list of people on my "about this blog" tab at the top of this page. The list is at the bottom. If you know me you will understand the list, otherwise you probably will not. You are welcome to ask but I reserve the right not to answer. Anyways lets get on with this since I'm way behind. Y'all can play along too.... each day of November you just post what you are thankful for... simple as that.

Day 29: I am thankful for grandparents and great grandparents. They know how to cook... I dont know why but it seems like a requirement or something that all adults that become grandparents know how to cook and have a shit ton of recipes where they can whip up just about anything your heart or mind desires. You name it they can cook it 9 times out of 10. Also grandparents are usually nicer than your own parents. Your parents are always nagging about something from the time you can walk till the time you die. But grandparents, they seem to let you get away with almost anything. If you were to body slam your little bother on the bed and jumping up and down on the bed and what not out of pure fun for the (both of you) your mom or dad would yell at you more than likely and add in a little more punishment... but a grandparent would be right there laughing along side you. Lets face it grandparents let us eat more junk food, stay up later than we would at home, and play around more than our parents do. Also grandparents give us the much needed parenting breaks. They are like the babysitter on call 24-7 almost. They are always willing to watch their grandbabies and spend time and spoil them as much as they spoiled you. Rarely ever have to bribe them to watch their own grandbabies... They already understand the importance of needing time alone with your wife/husband or time to yourselves and what not. They have awesome stories to tell most times too. Things you wouldn't imagine an old person doing, even if they weren't old when they did it, its still surprising. More often than not too, if you listen to them they end up giving you valuable lessons you can apply to your own life. They have lived a long time and in that long time they have had many experiences. With time and experience comes being wise. They may seem out of touch with lessons and things that don't seem to fit with today's world but they really do. If you really take the time to listen and let the things they’re telling you simmer, you’ll find that much of what they’re trying to teach you is true and relevant. Even something as simple as telling you to be nice to your neighbor, or to go after what you want, can have much more meaning coming from people who are old enough to know how important what they’re telling you really is. Wow this is long... I am really thankful for my grandparents though and had to cover the main topics of the good things about them. My grandparents are amazing!

Day 30: I am thankful for compliments. I like being told I look good. I like being told I am dressed nice, that I'm respectful, a great man, a great dad, that I'm sexy. Its a nice ego boost to anyone. You can be as self-confident about your looks as you want, but the impact a simple statement like “Hey, you look sexy” from another person can be a huge ego booster. I was at work the other day and stopped by a store to get something and walked by this lady and she proceeded to tell me I looked sexy. Conversation when something like this. Hey there, I wanted to tell you you look sexy with that beard. (i have recently grown my beard out a little just to keep my face warm during the winter, not a real beard but more than a five o'clock shadow) I didn't know how to respond to her really cause I was so caught off guard  I was just like uhh..... and she was like yeah you look older than you are and more mature, not many could pull off that look at your age. You look like some of the guys i've seen in magazines modeling clothes.... and i was like really? and she was like yeah you should keep it, it looks really sexy on you... I thanked her and went on my way... granted she wasn't the type of person I would go out with... (she was way older... but pretty...) Still, just the fact that someone thought enough about my looks to comment on how hot they thought I was gave me the boost I needed to feel good about myself for at least a week!

Creative Commons License
Brutal Telling from the Wings of a Reawakened Dark Angel by Jay Fallen (JAF) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. I have missed you and missed reading your posts, now I have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete